CHEMICAL TECHNICAL ASSISTANT, CTA (f/m/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time, Berlin | starting as soon as possible
Who we are and what we do
Cellbricks is a revolutionary biotech company, combining world-leading expertise in synthetic biology and 3D bioprinting. Leveraging our proprietary end-to-end bio-fabrication technology and our tissue engineering proficiency, we are replicating human tissue at scale, so researchers and doctors can provide patients with better clinical treatments. We envision a future where bio-fabrication of organs and human tissue is common medical practice so humans can enjoy longer, healthier lives. Our rapidly growing, multi-disciplinary team consists of 20 biotech enthusiasts, scientists, PhDs, engineers, chemists and entrepreneurs from excellent universities and top companies from all over the world. Our labs and offices are located in Berlin, Europe's top city for start-ups.
We are looking for a CTA assisting our lab team to create new, robust biomaterials. As the CTA, you will be responsible for establishing handling protocols, safety and enabling our lab to run smoothly. You will interface with chemists, biochemists, biotech experts to develop an integrated experiment and production pipeline for reliable bioinks. You will have an impact, shaping the company through your efforts, scientific experience and industry expertise.
Bioink synthesis and experiment execution & documentation
Preparation of reports, analysis of data & effective
communication of results
Preparation & maintenance of new Standard Operating Procedures, Safety Procedures & processes as needed
Setup, testing, establishment, calibration and maintenance of (new) lab equipment
Preparation of media, operation of the autoclave & proper handling of S1 waste
Preparation of analytic samples for quality control (NMR)
Management of inventory & responsibility of consumable procurement
- Chemical Technical Assistant professional training or Bachelors in Chemistry, or related field
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ambition to work & grow in a fast paced start-up environment
- Good German and/or English language skills
Nice to have
Industry and/or bioprinting experience
Strong skills using techniques such as NMR, DSC, FTIR, Raman, SEM or chromatographic techniques such as GC-MS and HPLC
Please note: If you think you're right for the job but don't meet all the requirements, you should still apply. Even if the job isn't perfect, strong candidates remain in our talent pool for future hiring.
What we offer
- A high-growth, ambitious biotech startup environment with competitive compensation package
- A groundbreaking & disruptive technology and a diverse team of talented & motivated individuals looking to make a difference
- Full ownership over exciting, challenging projects and full support to expand skills & boost personal development
- Phenomenal team spirit including flexibility, weekly team activities & regular events
- Great networking opportunities within the Berlin startup and global biotech ecosystems
Are you ready to join us?
Please send us your application incl. CV, relevant references, a paragraph describing your personal motivation and, if applicable, additional informative documents, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org - we are looking forward to getting in touch with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. Furthermore, we strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.