WORKING STUDENT BIOINK DEVELOPMENT (f/m/d)
Part-time (max. 20h/week), intern or thesis (full-time) | starting as soon as possible
Who we are and what we do
Cellbricks is a revolutionary biotech company, combining world-leading expertise in synthetic biology and 3D bioprinting. Leveraging our proprietary end-to-end bio-fabrication technology and our tissue engineering proficiency, we are replicating human tissue at scale, so researchers and doctors can provide patients with better clinical treatments. We envision a future where bio-fabrication of organs and human tissue is common medical practice so humans can enjoy longer, healthier lives. Our rapidly growing, multi-disciplinary team consists of 20 biotech enthusiasts, scientists, PhDs, engineers, chemists and entrepreneurs from excellent universities and top companies from all over the world. Our labs and offices are located in Berlin, Europe's top city for start-ups.
As working student in the Bioink Department, you will design and produce new raw materials for the enhancement of bioinks that are the basis for 3D bioprinting. Therefore you will apply and learn a variety of methods in molecular biology and protein biochemistry. After having proven yourself in the lab and successful collaboration with the team, you may have the possibility to work on your thesis covering a topic related to your projects or in another division of the company.
- Responsible for your own project(s) such as Bioink Enhancement
- Construction of a novel expression vector
- Analysis of generated constructs by enzymatic restriction, PCR and sequencing
- Generation and screening of expression strains
- Routine tasks in a molecular biology lab
Student of biotechnology, biology or similar disciplines in 3rd semester or higher
Interest in molecular biology & 3D bioprinting
Ability to work independently & well structured
Nice to have:
Experience in the fields of molecular biology, protein biochemistry & cell culture
Please note: If you think you're right for the job but don't meet all the requirements, you should still apply. Even if the job isn't perfect, strong candidates remain in our talent pool for future hiring.
What we offer
- A high-growth, ambitious biotech startup environment
- A groundbreaking & disruptive technology and a diverse team of talented & motivated individuals looking to make a difference
- Full ownership over exciting, challenging projects and full support to expand skills & boost personal development
- Phenomenal team spirit including flexibility, weekly team activities & regular events
- Great networking opportunities within the Berlin startup and global biotech ecosystems
Are you ready to join us?
Please send us your application incl. CV, relevant references, a paragraph describing your personal motivation and, if applicable, additional informative documents, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org - we are looking forward to getting in touch with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. Furthermore, we strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.